The ten members of the Internal Safeguarding Board (ISB) meet every Monday in order to feedback any actions or concerns that have arose during the previous week.
- All professionals have differing and varied attitudes to children and family life.
- All professionals have differences in terms of their role, status, power and authority.
- All professionals have different professional priorities and structures.
Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018
- Statutory Guidance that governs the way in which agencies protect children
- Much more focused on legal requirements
- Early Help
- Substantial and sustainable improvement
Safeguarding children is everyone’s responsibility!
All agencies and professionals should:
- Be alert to potential indicators of abuse or neglect
- Be alert to the risks that individual abusers, or potential abusers, may pose to children
- Share and help to analyse information so that an assessment can be made of the child’s needs and circumstances.
- Contribute to whatever actions are needed to safeguard and promote the child’s welfare
- Take part in regularly reviewing the outcomes for the child against specific plans
- Work co-operatively with parents, unless this is inconsistent with ensuring the child’s safety.
- Act as an effective advocate for the child ensuring their views, thoughts and feelings are heard and considered.
Interagency Working Together
- Develops a common knowledge and understanding of the requirements of all agencies involved with safeguarding.
- Develops effective local networking communication channels to be established.
- Pools specialist agency knowledge & offers families a combined approach from different disciplines.
- Enables different agency professionals to understand each others’ roles.
- Allows professionals to support each other, given the emotive issues that are involved in Child Protection working.
- Agencies are wholly committed to multi-disciplinary working under the LSCB and “Working Together” guidelines.
Further Information and Links
A Parental Guide to Safeguarding
St Helens SCB Contact Centre
Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
For Advice 01744 671809
Merseyside Prevent Team
0151 777 8311
Whistleblowing Helpline for Professionals
NSPCC Helpline for Professionals
0800 800 5000